I had Chinese dim sum for lunch at Kee Club, a private members club located at Yung Kee Building at Lan Kwai Fong in Central.
KEE Private Members Club, Hong Kong
Prices: > HK$500/ per person
Address: 6/F, 32 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong
Nearest MTR: Central
Tel: (852) 2826 2636 – for membership enquiries
Customer service is quite good but the overall experience is being downgraded by their overrated dim sum lunch. You can also tell from the setting and decoration that Kee Club is a restaurant during daytime but a venue for partying and clubbing in the evening. The dining tables are placed closely to each other and the chairs are not comfortable as they are too short.
I had a roller coaster experience with the food they served:
1. Shrimp Dumpling: The skin of the dumpling is too thick.
2. Spinach Dumpling: Not bad, but I’m not a fan of dumpling with spinach.
3. Xiao Lung Bao: Each dumpling is being served in a spoon, and again the skin is too thick which totally kills the taste of the ingredients inside the dumpling
4. Pea Sprout: This was the best dish, so glad I’m finally eating something proper after having dim sum which taste badly 😛
5. However, I was once again being disappointed as they served me very unpleasant Dan Dan Noodle (one of the worst I have ever had). It was so bad that I couldn’t even finish it.
6. Last but not least, I ordered a Goose which tasted alright.
The bill comes to about HK$500 per person, which I think is definitely overpriced for the quality of food they provide. However, Kee Club could be a convenient place for lunch if you want to avoid the queue.
Apart from Hong Kong, Kee Club is also located in Shanghai.